Thursday, March 25, 2010

Viaje al Norte

This week has been the usual, extended summer vacation week. I'm trying to embrace it because school finally starts in a couple weeks! I went to Santiago one day this week with Sara and we donated blood and ate Japanese. I've also been going running because I'll be running the 10K Santiago Marathon on April 11. Ha, good luck with that, right?

Tomorrow will begin our second Rotary trip. The last one was so amazing and by far my favorite week in Chile, that I can only imagine how good this one is going to be. We’re going to Northern Chile for 12 days with 20 exchange students and 2 Rotarians! Our itinerary is as follows:

Day 00: Santiago (April 25, 2010)
Day 01: Santiago to Los Vilos, La Serena and Mamalluca
Day 02: La Serena and Copaipo
Day 03: Calama, Chuquicamata, Chiu-Chiu, Lasana, and San Pedro
Day 04: Tatio Geisers, San Pedro, Chaxa, Valle De La Luna
Day 05: San Pedro, Pica, Matilla, La Tirana, Humberstone and Iquique
Day 06: Iquique and Zofri
Day 07: Iquique and Arica
Day 08: Arica and Lago Chungara
Day 09: Arica and Antofogasta
Day 10: Caldera and Bahia Inglesa
Day 11: Caldera and Santiago (April 6, 2010)

As you can see, we’re going to a lot of places. Granted, I’ve been to two of them already, I’m pretty sure it will be completely different. This time will be a completely new experience because of the people I’ll be with. Plus, we’ll be going to different parts, so it will definitely worth it. I originally wasn’t going to go because it seemed silly to pay to go to places I’ve already been, but I talked to my dad and he practically got mad at me and sad “Oh yeah, sure, Emily. Go another time when you have the opportunity…You‘re already there, just go!” So, I’m going. : )

I don’t know what I’ll do without my daily dose of aftershocks though!  I’ve become so accustomed to them, that it will be weird. I was reading a friends blog today and she referenced Mary Poppins, when every day at tea time they braced the furniture and held onto the valuables because they knew that the house was about to shake. Well, that’s kind of what it’s like, except we don’t get the luxury of knowing that it will be exactly at tea time.

Until then…

(I just found this link. This is the son of the family that I'm with right now and his interview after the earthquake.)http://www.journalnet.com/article_e105e1ca-25ca-11df-9ae0-001cc4c03286.html

No comments:

Post a Comment