Monday, August 24, 2009

Day 3!

Today my host mom, Miriam, and I went to "el centro" aka downtown and we basically ran errands for like 5 hours. I got my school uniform and it's kind of bad, but whateverr. I still don't understand anything she says. She is the hardest to understand because she mumbles all the time and talks to herself and it's way to hard to try and interpret so I just wait until she laughs and then I laugh or she will add "Si?" to the end and I just say "Si!". Towards the end of the day I started to understand A LITTLE BIT more than normal, but I still suck.

But most importantly??
I ate mushrooms today! Las setas!
They were in our lunch and I looked at them and started to pick around them, but then decided, "Ehh, whatever. I'm in Chile!" And then I ate them. It was a big step.

No comments:

Post a Comment