Tuesday, January 26, 2010

mi vida es la raja

I have the most amazing life. I've noticed that lately. I mean, how cool is it that I'm living in Chile? When I think about all the things I've done here, it makes me smile so much. I've climbed an active volcano. I've bicycled in the driest desert in the world. I've seen the Torres del Paine. I've swam in the Strait of Magellan. I've been river rafting and zippy lining. I've been to discoteks. I've been to asados. I've been to a rodeo. I've ridden the trains, the buses, the micros, the taxies, the collectivos, and even horses. I'm learning Spanish. And, I'm only half way done.

And my family is just wonderful and I miss them so much, but it's very nice to know how much they love me. And my best friend is a sweetie-pie and I'm pretty sure I'll keep her forever. And I get to come back to the US and start my adult life by getting a job so I can buy a ticket to Australia to live with my brother and my best friend. And then I get to come back and go to college. And then I get to do whateverrrrrrrr on earth I feel like doing- whether that be being a journalist, backpacking, opening a hostel, writing a book, being an English teacher in South America- anything I want.

So I kind of like my life. Thank you, Mom and Dad. And everyone else.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! You've really grown up and are ready to explore the world. Good for you. You deserve it! I am glad you are having fun and learning all at the same time. I syour mom gone yet? I can't wait to see pictures. I hope she has lots. When is your summer break over?
    Do you go to the same school again? Miss you lots.
    Love Auntie Timi

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahhh! you just brought a tear to my eye! beautiful amazing stuff Em Im glad that you know your possibilities are endless...

    ReplyDelete